Code of Conduct
PAGANS IN TOUCH: CODE OF CONDUCT
1. I won’t use images of anyone in the group, on the website, or with non members unless previous relationship has been established, without member’s written permission.
I agree____ or I do NOT agree____ to sign the PIT Image waiver.
2. I won’t use the legal name of anyone in the group, on the website or with non members unless previous relationship has been established, without their permission.
I agree____ or I do NOT agree____ to sign the PIT Legal Name waiver.
3. I won’t discuss details of the topics discussed in the event discussions with anyone outside of the group. Though I can and will talk about general pagan topics with anyone I see fit.
4. I will be respectful of the views and opinions as well as the privacy and safety of every member.
5. I will have my own ride to and from events and activities set up prior to attendance at the event or activity as to not put any undue hardship on any members.
6. I will be respectful of each member’s personal space and comfort level. Not everyone is comfortable with hugging, touching, or cuddling.
7. I will appreciate and respect the choice of those who are in, out, or standing in the doorway of the broom closet. This includes NOT discussing another member’s attendance or membership to the group with non members without that member’s written permission.
8. I will be nice while at the meet up, at events, while on Facebook or in the chatrooms, and at any other group activity.
9. I will be respectful of all religions while at the meet up, at events, while on Facebook or in the chat rooms and at any other group activity.
10. I will have a sense of humor and not take myself or anyone in the group too seriously.
11. I will let my organizer know if anyone is bothering me or making me uncomfortable at meet up so the organizer can address the issue in a private safe manner for everyone involved.
12. If I bring an issue to my organizer I will give him or her an opportunity to resolve the issue in a timely manner before bringing it to the attention of other board members.
13. I will leave my personal issues at the door and come into every event and meeting with as open a mind as possible.
14. I will respect the fact that members of this group come from all walks of life and can have very different lifestyles from my own, even if I disagree with those lifestyles.
15. I will keep an open mind to the things I hear and see while at meetings.
16. I will do my best to be an active member of the group and understand that I have no right to complain about how things are done if I’m not willing to stand up and do something.
17. I will speak respectfully, act with honor, and hold myself to a higher standard no matter where I am. Not just because I represent the group but because I deserve it.
18. I will behave in a manner that is consistent with someone who is in full grasp of their mental faculties and in touch with basic reality for the safety of other members.
19. I will treat magic with respect and not cast, practice, or spell another person without their permission.
20. I will respect the time and effort people have put into making events and meetings happen on a monthly basis and do my best to support those activities
21. I understand that the successful running of an organization takes the emotional physical and financial support of its members. As to this I agree to pay yearly or monthly dues. If at any point in time I am unable to pay dues I agree to sign a Financial Hardship agreement.
22. I will do my best to be part of the pagan community this group is attempting to grow in this area, by participating in events, and supporting my fellow pagans to the best of my ability, but not outside of my own personal morals, and ethics.
23. Lastly, I will not be a punk about any of this and/or make my organizer want to kick my butt.
I the undersigned have read the Pagans In Touch code of conduct and here do by promise to behave in ways that adhere to this code to the best of my ability. I understand that while at events I represent myself, my organization and my faith as a whole and will do my best to act in manner that brings honor to not only my faith and organization, but to me as well.